fbq('track', 'ViewContent');

Monday 18 May 2015

My review of Kyrathaba Rising, by William Bryan Miller

http://www.amazon.com/Kyrathaba-Rising-Book-Chronicles/dp/1491216840/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431948890&sr=8-1&keywords=kyrathaba+rising

Please...please write the next book in this series.
I so much wanted to give this book five stars, purely for the adrenaline rush caused by the last third of the book. It was amazing. It tied elements of science fiction, fantasy, post apocalyptic, and role play gaming together perfectly.
To say this book is unique is an understatement.
I won't write spoilers, but please, read this book.
The reason I took a star off is that Mr Miller introduces a new unit of measurement in the fantasy world that bears no resemblance to ours. I suppose it's like converting from metric to imperial, but it jarred me out my immersion. This was a shame because the world is amazing.
Thankfully, by the end of the book, I was fully engaged in wondering how the aliens would be defeated. But then the book left us on a horrible cliffhanger.
I really hope there is a follow up to this book. This story needs to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment