fbq('track', 'ViewContent');

Sunday 29 March 2015

A nice surprise

Imagine my surprise when Colin awoke this morning to find we'd been nominated for something called a Liebster award. I had no idea what this was, but Colin was good enough to look it up on that webby thing you humans use so much. I had no idea spiders were so knowledgeable.



Anyway, this award is for new bloggers, and is a method to introduce them to the wider blogging community. I would like to thank my good friend and mentor, KT Bowes, who writes the Bowes Library Corner blog. She also a very talented author, with several best sellers under her belt.

She has requested that I answer some questions she has posted, though why anyone might want to know a dragon's viewpoint on them I don't know. But here goes.

1. What time of the day do you blog?

Normally in the evening, after Colin's kids go to bed. I love his children, almost as much as he does, and I wouldn't dream of dragging his attention away from their bickering. It amuses me.

2. What's the most controversial thing you've ever blogged about?

Hmm, I don't think I've posted anything controversial...yet. I must get my thinking cap on. Nothing like a little controversy to drum up some publicity.

3. What's the one thing you've blogged and then wished you hadn't?

I'm a dragon, and as such have a very logical mind. I've also been around for the last few centuries. I seldom make decisions I regret, except when it involves going out with Demelza Carleton's mermaids and drinking Fireball whiskey all night. Oh my head the next day! Dragons don't do anything in a small way, so my hangover was huge.

4. Who is your favourite blogger?

I have an eclectic taste, so I enjoy a wide range of blogs. My favourite would be a tie between Kate's and Heather Osborne's blog.

5. Do you find that blogging as Claude makes you braver in the things you say?

See picture below



6. What is the vision for your blog?

I would like to educate the world about dragons. There have been some absolutely horrid portrayals over the years. 

7. What is your favourite blog topic?

Isn't that obvious? Me, of course!

8. Did you start with a particular blog style in mind or has it evolved over time?

Colin had this silly idea that he'd like to write it. I know I post the occasional link to his books, but I feel a dragon's input is far superior to you humans...no offence.

9. Potato chips or chocolate (Colin, Not Claude!)

Colin says Tayto cheese and onion. Give me roast lamb with mint sauce any day.

10. Who is your personal idol and would you want them to read your blog?

I as a dragon don't have many idols. Colin, however, enthuses about several authors he loves. Doug Danridge is one, and yes, I think Colin would love Doug to read this.

11. Would you ever take a blog post down if it caused offence, or would you leave it up there for posterity?

See question 5


I would like to finish off by nominating my good friend Heather Osborne for a  Liebster award. As a dragon, I have no idea what questions to ask, but Colin has given the list below:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Is it important to connect to your audience?
3. Who would be your dream reader and commenter on one of your blog posts?
4. When you are rich and famous, will you remember your lowly author friends?
5. Do you get a buzz out of helping others out?
6. Red or white? You know what I mean ;)
7. Do you tend to blog on one subject or spread things out?
8. How long have you been blogging, and do you expect to keep it up?

Anyway, that's it for me. I will leave with thanks to Kate once more.

#liebster
#blogging
#amwriting

No comments:

Post a Comment